Mesajlar
Tepkime puanı
Puanları
Bölüm:
Konaklama İşletmeciliği
Şehir:
İzmir
TEST YOUR TRANSLATION - 2

1. Pek çok Afrika köyünde erkekler, zamanlarının ve enerjilerinin çoğunu avlanmak için harcamaktadırlar.

A) In many African villages, hunting takes up much of the men's time and energy.
B) Many of the men in African villages waste a lot of their time and energy on hunting.
C) A lot of time arid energy is spent in the African villages by the men who could be out hunting.
D) In many African villages the men spend most of their time and energy hunting.
E) The men in many African villages have nothing better to do with their time and energy but hunt.

Answer D ÖYS 1994

2. Bu ulaşım sisteminin uzak bölgelere yiyecek taşımak için gerçekten yeterli olduğundan emin değilim.
A) I am not sure that this transport system is actually adequate to carry food to the remote areas.
B) The transport system whereby food is carried to the remote areas does not seem to be working.
C) The system by which food is being transported to the remote parts doesn't impress me as being at all efficient.
D) I cannot believe that such a transport system can be relied on to get food to the remote parts of the country.
E) You will have to convince me that such a system can be capable of transporting food to the remote areas safely and quickly.

Answer A ÖYS 1994

3. Onlar ne derse desin, mücadeleden vazgeçmeyeceğiz.

A) It's just as they said, the struggle must continue.
B) It doesn't matter what they say, we've struggled enough already.
C) The struggle will go on whatever anyone says.
D) No matter what they say, we shall not give up the struggle.

E) In spite of what they say, the struggle cannot be avoided.

Answer D ÖYS 1995

4. Sorunu ele alıştaki etkili yöntemine hayran olmaktan kendimi alamadım.

A) I couldn't help admiring her effective manner in dealing with the problem.
B) I wouldn't have admired the manner in which she dealt with the problem unless it had been effective.
C) Efficiency in dealing with problems is something I always admire.
D) The ability to cope with problems efficiently is an admirable quality.
E) She has a rare ability for coping with difficulties which I can't help admiring.

Answer A ÖYS 1995

5. The sales campaign was so successful that the profits for the year nearly doubled.

A) Kampanya öylesine başarılıydı ki yıl içinde satışlardan sağlanan kâr hızla arttı.
B) Satış kampanyası o kadar başarılıydı ki yıllık kâr neredeyse iki katına çıktı.
C) O kadar başarılı bir kampanya düzenledik ki yıllık satış kârımız kat kat arttı.
D) Satış kampanyasında öylesine başarılıydık ki bu yılki kârımız beklenenden yüksek oldu.
E) Kampanyalı satışlarda öylesine başarı elde ettik ki yıl içi kârımız kat kat yükseldi.

Answer B ÖYS 1995

6. The suspect was soon convicted as there was so much evidence against him.

A) Aleyhindeki kanıtlar ortaya konur konmaz sanık cezalandırıldı.
B) Sanığın aleyhine o kadar çok kanıt vardı ki mahkeme onu hemen cezalandırdı.
C) Aleyhteki kanıtların çok olması nedeniyle, sanık oldukça ağır bir cezaya çarptırıldı.
D) Sanık aleyhindeki kanıtlar o kadar çoktu ki suçlu bulunmaması olanaksızdı.
E) Aleyhine çok kanıt olduğu için, sanık hemen suçlu bulundu.

Answer E ÖYS 1995

7. One of the aims of this interview is to assess whether or not you are the right person for the job.

A) Bu görüşmenin tek amacı, iş için ne derece uygun olduğunuzu belirlemektir.
B) İş için doğru kişilerden biri olup olmadığınıza görüşme sonunda karar vereceğiz.
C) Bu görüşmenin amaçlarından biri, iş için doğru kişi olup olmadığınızı değerlendirmektir.
D) Bu iş için doğru kişiyi bulup bulamamak, yapılacak görüşmelere bağlıdır.
E) Görüşmeler, iş için doğru kişi olup olmadığınızı değerlendirmek için yapılıyor.

Answer C ÖYS 1996

8. Sometimes you can't know exactly where the danger will come from.

A) Bazen tehlikenin tam olarak nereden geleceğini bilemezsiniz.
B) Bazen nerenin tehlikeli olduğunu önceden bilmek mümkün değildir.
C) Bazen tehlikenin nereye yönelik olduğunu tam olarak söyleyemezsin.
D) Bazı tehlikelerin nereden geleceğini her zaman bilemeyebilirsin.
E) Tehlikeler bazen beklenmedik yerlerden gelebilir.

Answer A ÖYS 1996

9. Kişi karmaşık ve zor bir durumla karşılaştığında, hep bir kaçış yolu arar.

A) A complex arid difficult situation should be faced; there's no use in trying to run away.
B) There is no way one can escape from a really complex and difficult situation.
C) When one faces a complex and difficult situation one always looks for a way of escape.
D) Even a difficult and complex situation is better faced than avoided.
E) Anyone who has faced a difficult and complex situation has looked for a way of escape.

Answer C ÖYS 1996

10. Son araştırmalar daha etkili üretim yöntemlerine ihtiyaç duyduğumuzu ortaya koymuştur.

A) More effective systems of research are essential if production is to be improved.
B) According to recent research, more effective methods of production are being introduced.
C) More effective systems of production can be expected as an outcome of recent research.
D) Recent research aims to discover more effective methods of production.
E) Recent research has shown that we need more effective methods of production.

Answer E ÖYS 1997

Çevrimiçi üyeler

Şu anda çevrimiçi üye yok.

REKLAMLAR

Forum istatistikleri

Konular
Mesajlar
Kullanıcılar
Son üye
Abdullah Kara
Üst